POSITION SUMMARY: The Tax Analyst assists with tax compliance and other tax related issues including tax return preparation. The Tax Analyst works on federal, state, city, income, franchise, and excise tax support as well as any audit support. This position also assists with responding to federal, state, city, and excise tax notices as well as other tax support related projects.
· Assists with tax compliance including various federal income tax returns, state and city income/franchise tax returns, excise tax returns, and personal property tax returns.
· Assists field and corporate operations with various sales and use tax compliance and audits, personal and real property book expense and account reconciliations, unclaimed property, and/or excise tax related compliance.
· Provides support for federal, state, city income/franchise, excise tax, and personal and real property tax audits and appeals.
· Responds to federal, state, city, and excise tax notices.
· Provides support for various tax projects including tax research, tax modeling, fixed asset accounting, state apportionment, and other miscellaneous tax related projects.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
· Master in Tax, business or other advanced degree.
· 1 year of recent corporate tax or public accounting experience.
· Experience with tax software, preferable CorpTax.
· Experience with tax research software, preferable RIA or CCH.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.