POSITION SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst, Environmental Accounting is primarily responsible for managing the Engineering and Environmental Management department financials, helping to administer the multiple department dashboards, and assisting leadership with the day-to-day management of the Company’s environmental sites. The Financial Analyst, Environmental provides direct financial support to the Engineering and Environmental Management department.
· Manages, with the help of leadership, the financials for the Engineering and Environmental Management department including: budgeting, opening PO’s, processing payments, reviewing financials and forecasting.
· Prepares monthly journal entries and performs monthly reconciliations.
· Creates, generates and reviews reports used in the Company’s monthly close (generally using Essbase, Lawson and Excel).
· Maintains and modifies multiple department dashboards: Works with the department to upload company-wide statistics into the general ledger. Creates/updates various spreadsheets and data pulls to support the dashboards. Ensures the dashboard is updated properly and makes changes to the dashboard, when deemed necessary.
· Processes invoices for our environmental sites and approves account coding.
· Involved in forecasting capital, closure, post-closure and environmental expenditures for the Company.
· Processes invoices for the environmental sites and approves account coding.
· Creates and updates spreadsheets and provides analytical support, where needed, to the department.
· Acts as a liaison between field engineers and various corporate departments.
· Assists in the corporate budgeting process for landfill and environmental sites.
· Analyzes landfill and environmental budget models and communicates factors that cause such adjustments to the appropriate parties.
· Responds to requests from various corporate departments for landfill and environmental related information.
· Prepares and presents financial information to senior level management on matters related to landfill and environmental accounting.
· Provides financial analysis and helps support ongoing operational initiatives.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
· 3 years of combined public accounting experience at a Big 4 or Tier II National firm.
· MBA or other graduate degree.
· Waste or transportation industry experience.
· Experience with Lawson accounting.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
· Minimum of 2 years of combined financial analysis and public or corporate accounting experience.