Sr. Financial Analyst, External Reporting
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Financial Analyst, External Reporting assists the External Reporting team in the production of timely and accurate U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other external filings (i.e., Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, DEF 14A, and Registration Statements / Security Offerings) as well as applicable internal reports. The Senior Financial Analyst is also responsible for preparing and analyzing certain account reconciliations in connection with the Company’s monthly close process and completing other various projects as determined on an ad hoc basis. The Senior Financial Analyst works closely with the Corporate and Field organizations to ensure accounting issues are appropriately identified, analyzed, and documented in technical position memos and reported in external reports and internal presentations. The Senior Financial Analyst also utilizes knowledge of technical accounting matters, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and SEC regulations to effectively and efficiently perform reporting requirements and assist the Company in ensuring reporting compliance.
· Completes or assists with the creation of ad hoc analysis, reports and other projects using Essbase data extracts from Lawson and other system tools.
· Assists in preparation of the monthly internal financial reporting package.
· Prepares and reviews account reconciliations and rollforwards in connection with the Company’s monthly close process. Reviews and validates reconciliations and makes suggestions for improvements.
· Assists with complex accounting areas, including stock-based compensation, derivatives and other financial instruments, acquisitions, asset retirement obligations (AROs), legal accruals, revenue recognition, and leases.
· Regularly interacts with the Corporate and Field organizations to assist in the identification, analysis and research of technical accounting issues resulting from the Company’s operations.
· Assists with the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements, including the new revenue and leasing standards.
· Assists in the preparation of reports that include financial statements, footnotes and other financial information filed with, or furnished to, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, registration statements and annual reports; maintains related documentation; and maintains XBRL tagging and related support files.
· Monitors current developments related to accounting standard setting bodies and remains current on technical accounting literature to identify/assess possible changes to accounting policies and practices. Examples include SEC, FASB, PCAOB, Technical Bulletins and other accounting policy and practice pronouncements.
· Maintains and updates, as applicable, the Company’s accounting policy manuals.
· Assists with maintaining Company processes and procedures related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX).
· Assists the team in continuing to leverage existing technology and accounting knowledge to increase department efficiency and streamline the close and External Reporting processes.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
· Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance, MBA, or related disciplines.
· Certified Public Accountant.
· Knowledge of technical accounting matters, GAAP and SEC regulations.
· Knowledge of Lawson general ledger package, Essbase reporting tool.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
· Minimum of 3 years of combined public and corporate accounting experience.